2004 Saturn Vue electrical NHTSA complaints: Electrical System

NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2004 Saturn Vue (Page 1 of 2)

2.1

2004 Saturn Vue electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Saturn Vue:

2004 Saturn Vue Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 302015

Vue

I just bought this car for my daughter and the key will fall out of ignition switch when running down the road. I removed everything but the key so it doesn't happen. Previous owner said they checked with dealer to see if it was covered under the switch recall and they said no it was not.

- Kalamazoo, MI, USA

Aug 012013

Vue

The contact owns a 2004 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the driver's seat caught fire from the heated seat feature. The contact extinguished the fire. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The VIN was unavailable. The approximate failure mileage was 68,000.

- Smithfield , RI, USA

Mar 052010

Vue

The contact owns a 2004 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the master key was extremely difficult to remove from the ignition and that the fob failed to work. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer who replaced the master key and the failure recurred. The contact indicated that the second master key was getting stuck in the ignition with no warning. The contact also had to leave the key in the vehicle secured due to the failure and then have valet key used to unlock the doors to remove the master key. In addition, the contact stated that during inclement weather the interior lights stayed lit and would not turn off on several occasions. The contact had to wait for the internal feature to turn the lights off. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer. The technician further inspected that the button was getting stuck causing the light to stay lit. The mechanic provided an interim fix of placing a small piece of behind the button to prevent the failure. The contact continued to experience the key getting stuck in the ignition intermittently. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 70,000.

- St Charles, MO, USA

Jan 142015

Vue

I have a 2004 Saturn Vue. The key can be pulled out of the ignition switch while the car is on and in motion with the car in drive. GM is stating that the car is not under recall because the VIN isn't on the list and the car was built at a different plant. It is the same exact issue as what the recall is for. Why won't they fix it?

- Bolingbrook, IL, USA

Dec 012014

Vue

The contact owns a 2004 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the key released out of the ignition while the vehicle was in motion on several occasions. The contact stated that the failure was progressing. The vehicle was not diagnosed. The contact was not included in NHTSA campaign id number: 14V490000 (electrical system). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Otisville, MI, USA

Jan 142015

Vue

The key can be removed with the vehicle running. Went on recall website and seen similar problems have been reported. Vehicles of this same year have a recall on them but using the VIN number it says this vehicle has no recall.

- Otisville, MI, USA

Jan 062015

Vue

The contact owns a 2004 Saturn Vue. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V490000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available.

- San Joaquin, CA, USA

Dec 182009

Vue

The contact owns a 2004 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the vehicle was in the on position when the ignition key became disengaged without warning. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The contact stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 14V490000 (electrical system). The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Santa Barbara, CA, USA

Aug 112014

Vue

I visited the dealer on that date because my car has faulty ignition switch (sometimes key don't turn and the key can go out easily in any position) and I hear the news for the recall for this vehicle with date 8/7/2014. The dealer was unable to find the recall in GM web page, exactly happen to me every time I check for this recall at GM web page. I'm worry an accident with the faulty ignition switch will occur at any time. I have the printed copy from the dealer at that time.

- Waukegan, IL, USA

Dec 012008

Vue

Key can be removed from ignition irrespective of ignition position. (including while in "run" position). Vehicle is not covered under the recall yet my condition exists and I am primarily concerned that airbags will deploy properly in a crash. First incident approximately six years ago. Thank you.

- Carmel, IN, USA

Nov 252013

Vue 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the key could be removed out of the ignition switch without it being in the off position. The contact was made aware of recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V490000 (electrical system) and believed that it was directly related to the failure. The dealer was contacted and made aware of the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 105,000. Updated 12/22/14 the consumer informed his vehicle was not included in the recall, even though he experienced the same symptoms. Updated 01/07/15

- Walnutport , PA, USA

Nov 102014

Vue

The contact owns a 2004 Saturn Vue. While driving approximately 60 mph, the key released from the ignition switch and the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 200,000.

- Richland, NC, USA

Sep 012014

Vue

The contact owns a 2004 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the key was not secured in the ignition and was able to be removed while in the on position. The contact referenced recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V490000 (electrical system). The VIN was not included under the recall. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed. The failure had not been repaired. The approximate failure mileage was unknown.

- Mokena, IL, USA

Jun 132012

Vue

The contact owns a 2004 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that when driving, the key would release from the ignition. The failure recurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 98,000.

- Keithville, LA, USA

Oct 012014

Vue

The contact owns a 2004 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the key came out of the ignition while the vehicle was in motion. The failure occurred multiple times. The dealer stated that the failure could be related to NHTSA campaign number: 14V490000 (electrical system). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer stated that the VIN was excluded from the recall. The approximate failure mileage was 98,000.

- St.Loius, MO, USA

Oct 052014

Vue

Driving at a very slow rate of speed, car started vibrating so violently, I was afraid that a wheel was coming off. I pulled over to the side of the road, shut off the vehicle, then restarted it. It was fine. The next day, it was driven all day with no issues, except that my directionals kept going off and would not work, and then all of a sudden would start working, especially if I shut the vehicle off and started it back up. That afternoon, however, the vibrating started again. I drove the vehicle immediately to a mechanic, who told me that nothing showed up on the computer. He said that he punched my vehicles information into the NHTSA website, and found the recall on the ignition. He tested this on my vehicle, and found that you could indeed pull the key out of the ignition while the car was running and in gear. He called me and told this to me. I informed him that a few times my keys had fallen out while I was driving on the highway, or on the streets, wherever. It had always been that way. I hadn't realized this was not intentional. He then informed me that although the year make and model of my car were on the recall, and the fact that my car indeed possessed the faulty ignition, that my VIN was not listed as being included in the recall. He suggested I take the vehicle to the dealership where I purchased the car and have taken the vehicle for repair in the past, herb chambers of warwick. They acknowledge all of the above to be true, including the fact that my VIN is not listed in the recall, therefore they will not be able to submit for payment, therefore I will have to pay and if the vehicle ends up included in the recall in the future, I can submit for reimbursement. No on could explain why my vehicle, being of the same year, make and model, and which obviously has the same ignition issues, was not listed in the recall.

- Cranston, RI, USA

Oct 062014

Vue

Ignition key can be removed from the switch in the run position. Vehicle was made in May 2004 which is not included in NHTSA campaign number 14V490000 (GM recall # 14506)

- Clearlake Oaks, CA, USA

Sep 032014

Vue

While driving about 25 mph, the ignition switch turned off and the engine stalled. There was only one other key on the key ring at the time I was driving. I was able to stop the SUV and restart it to continue. This is same ignition safety defect as in the other Saturn I have read about. I lost steering and braking capabilities.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Aug 262014

Vue

The contact owns a 2004 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to turn on after key was inserted into the ignition switch. The contact was made aware of recall NHTSA campaign number: 14V490000 (electrical system). However, the vehicle was not included in the recall. The dealer was contacted and advised the contact that the ignition switch needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate the failure mileage was 13,000.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Aug 222014

Vue 6-cyl

With all the concerns with ignition keys falling out while the engine is running I checked our vechile and found out that our 2004 Saturn Vue has that problem. I would say at this point it looks like all Vue's need to be inspected.

- Houston, TX, USA