NHTSA — Power Train: Manual Transmission Problems

4.8

2004 Saturn Vue transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Saturn Vue:

2004 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Jan 132005

Vue 4-cyl

I have taken my 2004 Saturn Vue-manual transmission in for service regarding a thumping that I heard and felt come from the shifter location. I got the "everything is within normal parameters" line. Then tonight when I went to down-shift from 5th gear to 4th gear, the shifter made a crunch sound and then it bounced into the neutral position. However, the transmission is still in 5th gear and is sitting in front of the Saturn service center awaiting to be looked at tomorrow morning. This is not my first Saturn but it will be my last after having as many problems as I have had with it in 1.25 years time.

- Sterling, VA, USA