NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems

2005 Saturn Vue brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Saturn Vue:

2005 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

May 222014

Vue

Started smoking the 1st time. Replaced brakes, rotors and break caliper on passenger's side. Ran and drove fine for about 1 week and did it again. All brakes and all that was replced were smoking hot and brown in color letting me know that all parts over heated. My car has been parked since 2014 and not used until I hear a recall. I already know this problem will arise continually by all the information I have found. Dealerships can't even find the problem. What does that tell you.

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Jun 112005

Vue

(1) air bags-I was involved in a multiple-vehicle accident caused by black ice in Dec, 2005 and not one of the airbags deployed. This was concerning. (2) brakes-from day one, when it rains, my brakes sound like an old person trying to move. (3) ignition-too many times to mention. When I would put the key in the ignition and try to start the car, it wouldn't move and I'd have to jolt the "frozen" steering wheel to finally get the key to turn/car to start. (4) I've seen both the brakes & ignition issues in other people's posts. Just wanted to put this out there for information's sake. Otherwise, the car's been great to me. 10 years old, only 47K miles on it and I just recently had to replace the battery for the first time ever.

- Deland, FL, USA

Mar 202014

Vue 6-cyl

Driving to Maryland from charlotte nc. I was on the hwy going approx. 65. car completely shut off, no noise, no warning. As the car slowed down, I coasted to the side of the hwy to a stop. Looked down at the gear shift, it was in drive. The ignition was in the on position. I put on the break and put the car in park and shut off the ignition. Waiting a few seconds, I turned the key. The car started up and the chime went off. It was the chime that the car makes when you open the door and the keys are still in the ignition.( a series of quick dings) I didn't open the door. All I did was start the car up. I continued, no problem. The same thing happened again on Saturday November 29th, 2014 on the highway going around the same speed. The car jerked slightly and shut off. This time it was at night. I coasted to the exit that was coming up. Had trouble steering because the steering went out, head lights dimmed. Car slowly came to a stop at the top of the exit. Same situation. Ignition on, car in drive. I put my foot on the break and put the car in park and turned the ignition off. Turned the ignition back on. Car started up and the chime that goes off if you open up the door with the keys still in the ignition, went off again. The same as before.

- Charlotte, NC, USA