2006 Saturn Vue accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Saturn Vue:

2006 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Aug 012014

Passenger seat sensor defective. Indicator light says air bag is off even when occupied by an adult. When seat-belt is unbuckled, does not indicate passenger is unbuckled as programmed. Able to clear problem by unbuckling, raising up out of seat, forcibly sitting down, and re-buckling.

- National City, CA, USA

Jan 192015

Vue 6-cyl

On 1-19-2015 I started my car (after it had been sitting for 2 days/it was very cold) and the exterior lights, interior lights, dashboard, radio, blinker signals, all began flashing. It would stop for a second and start again, during this time the car seemed like it was going to conk out, but didn't. this went on for about 5 minutes. When I pressed the gas pedal the flashing would go faster. Also the seat controls and door locks would not work. After about 5 minutes it stopped and the car was fine. That same thing has happened roughly 4-5 more times, lasting 5-10 minutes each time. The car has only stopped running 1 time (luckily in front of home) and started fine the next day. Took video and went to local mechanic. They checked the battery and alternator (both fine-no $ charge), also checked recalls for car (nothing). Told me to go to dealership or electrical mechanic. Thought perhaps the alarm system, due to flashing. After going online, I have found alot of people that have had the same problem and it is not cheap to fix. This vehicle needs to be recalled to have the problem fixed. I could cause a severe, deadly accident if this happened while driving, also the doors would be locked because they lose power.

- Towson, MD, USA

Sep 252013

Vue 6-cyl

Last year my airbag light kept coming on and finally stayed on all the time. The sensor for the passenger seat does not work properly. It does not indicate if someone is in the seat or not. We took it to our mechanic and he advised that we would have to replace the entire seat ( I have heated seats). This is very costly and I cannot afford it. I am concerned that the airbag will not function properly when necessary. I am also concerned that if this is caused by a short somewhere, my heated seat may catch fire. I do not use the heat for this reason. Recently we are experiencing a key ignition problem. My husbands key, in particular, does not turn correctly. This is of concern to me because I am afraid that one day it will just lock up and not start. I do not want to be stranded on the road somewhere. I have been receiving messages from my onstar that there is a problem with the airbag. I hope these problems will be addressed by GM. I have seen similar complaints on this website and felt I should take action.

- Oscoda, MI, USA

Sep 092010

I have a 2006 Saturn Vue and I have several problems with my car. When I had a car wreck either of the air bags did not deploy but the lights stay on. I had to pay $596 to replace my key ignition and sometimes it still sticks. My driver door will not open and one of the seat belts in the rear has not worked properly. I see that they are recalling other Saturn but not mines.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Apr 302014

In May 2014, my 2006 Saturn Vue AWD's passenger air bag sensor failed to indicate a passenger was in the passenger seat. The light indicator, signaled off, and the air bag warning light appeared on the dash board. Ever since then, the air bag warning light has remained on and the passenger airbag indicator has remained in the off position, even with a passenger.

- Aldie, VA, USA

Mar 142014

Vue 6-cyl

I would like to file a complaint about my 2006 Saturn Vue. There have been many instances when the air bag warning lights have illuminated on my dashboard, especially the last 2 months. This warning light appears intermittently and I also lost the illumination of my dashboard one evening. After taking the car to my mechanic, he believes that air bag light is triggered when the seat is moved to another position. He also informed me that when the air bag light is on the air bags would not deploy due to a malfunction with the system. As someone who drives primarily on the freeway at higher speeds, this is very frightening to me! after researching this today, I cannot believe how many other 2006 Saturn Vue owners have this very same complaint! why has there not been a recall for this very serious safety issue on this vehicle?

- Canton, MI, USA

Jul 052013

Vue 6-cyl

The air bag failure sensor lights up on the dash - indicating air bag system failure. The heated seats no longer function. However as long as we keep the heated seat switch on - the air bag failure sensor will not light, indicating that there is not a problem. As soon as we try to drive without the heated seat switch on, the air bag light goes on indicating system failure. Mechanics have stated that we need new heated seats at a cost of over $1500. The car has less than 70K miles currently on it. Reported to GM 12/2/2013 we were told it was the first they heard of the problem yet we see dozens of complaints with the same bizarre circumstances.

- Bristol, CT, USA

Jun 302012

Vue 4-cyl

We rarely have put the rear seat in the folded down position but did so this past weekend to bring home some baby gear from a friend's house. When I tried to lift the seat back to the upright position it wouldn't raise. It appears that the middle seat belt locked and will not release. We have three (3) children and must have all three (3)seat belts usable. Went online to search for help and we found many incidents of this happening on multiple year Saturn which would indicate a serious design flaw; yet we will be liable for the expense because the warranty has passed unless we can find a way to release the locking mechanism.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Oct 152008

I own a 2006 Saturn Vue AWD in the 2 years I have owned the car here is a list of what has been replaced; 3 set of front brake rotors due to excessive warping to a point where they cant be turned which resulted in a shimmy of the steering wheel when the brakes are applied that keeping control was almost impossible. 2)rear wheel bearings at 25,000mi. 3) front strut mounts also at 25,000 mi. 4) pass seat air bag/seat heater module($907 one wont work without the other) 5) rear wiper motor6) windshield washer pump 6) gas tank vent valve solenoid switch (this makes the engine light com on) 7)3 yes 3 radios. 8) upper pass. Seat heater element.

- Watertown, CT, USA