NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems

2006 Saturn Vue brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Saturn Vue:

2006 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Jul 062014

Vue

Can not turn on or off passenger side airbag using the button in above the radio and the light on the dashboard turns on every time I put something in the passenger seat. Even if it's a bottle of water my Vue is a V6 automatic with the Honda engine, but the transition between gears is not smooth at all it feels more like it's jerking into gear. When I put my car in park. I'm know one day I'm going to walk up to it and it won't be there because it will have rolled away. My Vue rolls back N forth in park on flat surfaces. So on a hill it's scarry. It rolls more than my old car that didn't even have anti lock breaks. And a lot of the time using the E-break dosnt help all that much

- Netcong, NJ, USA

Nov 102013

Vue

Hitting 2 deer going 60 miles an hour and the passenger air bag never opened. The red light for passenger airbag has been on since we purchased the vehicle. We also have problems with electrical being the dashboard lights always flicker and the left side lights and blinker do the same. We also have had problems with the ignition being the key will not turn over, we have to be very patient and after quite sometime it will finally work after you remove the key several times and try try again. We have had to have brakes done numerous times at least twice a year. I sure do not understand why this vehicle was not on the recall list.

- Owosso, MI, USA

Aug 012014

Vue 6-cyl

I was backing up my driveway, when the brake light came on and noticed the brake pedal almost to the floor. I looked under the hood and noticed the brake fluid reservoir almost empty. I happen to have a can of dot 3 brake fluid so I filled the reservoir and drove it around the block. Breaking was a little weak, then the brake lights came on again and the brake reservoir was almost empty. Had it towed to the dealer and they said there is a leak in the brake system and have to replace the entire brake system at a cost of $2,300 plus tax.

- Jenkintown, PA, USA