2006 Saturn Vue engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Saturn Vue:

2006 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Jun 032016

The contact owns a 2006 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the vehicle turned on, but did not start without warning. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the vehicle "jumped time and damaged the engine". the manufacturer was made aware of the failure and stated that there was no recall. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 74,000.

- Loves Park, IL, USA

Feb 182015

Vue 6-cyl

I was pulling out of a parking lot onto a street when I had to stop for oncoming traffic. When I applied my brakes, the engine started racing and the rpms shot up like the accelerator had stuck. The truck started to lurch forward and I had to throw the vehicle in neutral to avoid being hit by oncoming traffic. At first I had thought that maybe my foot had inadvertently slipped partway off the brake onto the accelerator because my boots were wet and slippery from the snow, or that it was because of the extreme cold we were experiencing. I do not believe either was the case because it has happened two other times since then in the span of three weeks, and all at different temperatures and driving conditions. One time I was driving down the road and as I let off the accelerator the vehicle sped up as I was approaching a red light. I had to throw the vehicle in neutral again to avoid an accident. At that time I was probably driving approximately 20 mph and this occurred on February 26, 2015. The third incident was once again pulling out of a parking lot onto a roadway when the vehicle once again lurched forward as I was applying the brakes and the engine rpms shot up. I believe this incident occurred on March 3, 2015. A check of the accelerator linkage and pedal showed the linkage and pedal to be in excellent condition.

- Cortland , NY, USA

Jun 062013

The contact owns a 2006 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, there was a sudden loss of engine power with out warning. The contact mentioned the failure was experienced several times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was unable to be duplicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 84,000 and current mileage was 92,000.

- Terre Haute , IN, USA