NHTSA — Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Fuel Pump Problems

2006 Saturn Vue fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Saturn Vue:

2006 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Nov 112006

Vue 6-cyl

While driving the road the vehicle started to lose power. The further I drove the less power I had until the vehicle stalled. I was able to start the vehicle after a few minutes but when I stepped down on the gas pedal it stalled. The vehicle was towed back to the dealer on Saturday evening. The dealer contacted me on Monday and said that the electric fuel pump was faulty and he would have to order one from the factory. I picked up my vehicle on Tuesday evening and it appeared to be running fine for the momment. I made thee quarters of the way home and the vehicle started losing power again. I attempted to turn around and go back to the dealer but the vehicle stalled out like before. The vehicle was towed back to the dealer again and the new fuel pump had to be replaced again. I picked the vehicle up approximately a week later and it has been running okay ever since. In fact it has been running better that new new. Now the emissions light is coming on and going off after a couple of days?

- Mckeesport, PA, USA