2006 Saturn Vue miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Saturn Vue:

2006 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

May 142016

At any time, my Saturn Vue will start up, but then shut down going into its anti theft cycles. It can happen at any time, with no rhyme or reason. I will begin waiting over 10 minutes to try again, sometimes it will start on the first 10 minute try, other times it can take up to 90 minutes to start. I have taken it to many dealers/garages and no one can diagnose what is going on.

- Cedar Springs, MI, USA

Mar 042016

I was sitting in my car listening to the radio waiting on an order (about an hour) on a city street. When my order was ready, I attempted to get out of the car. The doors and windows would not open. I tried to use my alarm pad to open the doors, I could hear the mechanism working but the lock wouldn't raise. I tried to lift the lock manually, it raised but wouldn't raise up all the way. I also tried to turn the car on, it wouldn't turn over. I was petrified and trapped in the car. After about 10 minutes while I contemplated my death had there been a fire, it opened. The car still wouldn't turn over. The radio still played and my charger also worked. In attempting to get the car jumped, it was completely silent, the alarm wouldn't work, then there was a slight electronic buzz and finally (after about a 1/2 hour) the battery started trying to work. It eventually started. I'm afraid to drive my car and am trying to find a dealership that'll look at the problem without saying, "if it's not happening now, there's nothing we can do but charge you for a diagnostic." I'm writing because this is an extreme safety hazard. I have 3 year olds that I Transport. There should never be a reason we can't safely exit a parked car. I'm literally frightened to drive this car and it's my only means of transportation. I'm concerned about how this lock issue will affect my job and my pockets. I see that there are other issues posted for the 2006 Saturn Vue related to the locking mechanism. This needs to be recalled and repaired not at the customer's expense. I trusted Saturn to provide me with a safe product. I paid every cent of what was asked for the truck. I did my part and I hope you do yours by making my truck safe again.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Oct 232015

You know this is a problem but your not doing a thing about it doors are not able to open inside or out no one can get out in a collision they are stuck to die. Mostly rear where children are mine wont open from any side manually or elcronically im not alone many posting of trapped people. With the roll over rating of this SUV its a must to get those doors open to escape recall these things an make GM fix there mistake lives depend on it. The doors are stuck shut will not open no matter what you try read other post im not alone many people trapped in these SUVS

- Goffstown, NH, USA

Jul 012014

When I try to start my vehicle I cannot turn the key in the ignition...I have to push up the gear shifter and then keep turning the steering wheel until the key can turn. I thought there was a recall for this but cannot find the information

- York, PA, USA

May 112015

Lately I've been having an issue with my ignition switch. When the switch is in the on position, the key can be removed while driving. When it's in the off position, and I try to start it up, it is very difficult. I have to wiggle the steering wheel and key to get it to turn over. Yesterday, it took me over 3 hours to get it started. I went to get a copy made, and that still didn't work. I've noticed that the Saturn Vue's in the years 2002 through 2004 were recalled for the same issue, what about 2006 Saturn Vue's?

- District Heights, MD, USA

Jun 202012

Vue 6-cyl

I have a 2006 Saturn Vue with the same problem as the 2002 thru 2004 Vue recall. I can also remove the key from the ignition while the vehicle is in neutral, drive and park while running. I read one other complaint from another 2006 owner and it was exactly how my problem started, the key would get stuck and I was unable to start the vehicle nor remove the key from the ignition. Therefore I had to call a locksmith to rectify this situation and as far as today the key can still be removed from the ignition while not in the proper position. Lets see if the 2006 can be included within this recall.

- Mobile, AL, USA

May 212014

Vue 4-cyl

The key will not turn to start the the car. You have to wiggle it and apply the right amount of torque to get it to turn and start the vehicle. I replaced the key from the dealership with the same negative results.

- Commerce Twp, MI, USA

Apr 142014

This has happened numerous times before, car turns off within 1 to 2 seconds after starting. There is a tsb written for problem but dealer still can't fix it.

- Washington, DC, USA

May 102010

The key will not turn in the ignition to start the engine and/or to stop the engine. I was told that the key was worn out and needed to be replaced but this did not fix the problem. This has occurred on a daily basis sometimes not allowing the vehicle to be turned off and at other times not allowing the vehicle to start up. If the vehicle stalls on a busy highway and cannot be started, this is a serious safety concern as well as if the vehicle cannot be shut down in case of an accident or fire.

- Mentor, OH, USA