2006 Saturn Vue seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Saturn Vue:

2006 Saturn Vue Owner Comments (Page 2 of 4)

Sep 302014

Vue 6-cyl

Rear ended vehicle in front of me at intersection. Waiting on confirmation but most likely vehicle will be totaled due to front end damage. With the massive damage to the front the airbag did not deploy.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Aug 012011

Several issues with 2006 Saturn Vue to report: - air bag light comes on virtually every time the car is started. There is no one in the passenger seat - ignition - key can be removed from ignition switch while motor is running - ignition - key is virtually impossible to turn unless it is cajoled repeatedly. Typical start up time is in excess of 5 minutes to find the "sweet spot". "sweet spot" tends to move on a daily basis. No particular technique works every time - ignition - key will become stuck in the ignition switch. Results in a two to five minute careful tug of war with the car in order to remove the key. Ignition switch had this problem before and was replaced (at owners expense of $214 dollars) and things were fine for approximately two years. Now the symptoms (see above) have returned. - power locks - unable to lock doors (any) with drivers side lock controls.

- Reynoldsburg, OH, USA

Sep 252013

Vue 6-cyl

Last year my airbag light kept coming on and finally stayed on all the time. The sensor for the passenger seat does not work properly. It does not indicate if someone is in the seat or not. We took it to our mechanic and he advised that we would have to replace the entire seat ( I have heated seats). This is very costly and I cannot afford it. I am concerned that the airbag will not function properly when necessary. I am also concerned that if this is caused by a short somewhere, my heated seat may catch fire. I do not use the heat for this reason. Recently we are experiencing a key ignition problem. My husbands key, in particular, does not turn correctly. This is of concern to me because I am afraid that one day it will just lock up and not start. I do not want to be stranded on the road somewhere. I have been receiving messages from my onstar that there is a problem with the airbag. I hope these problems will be addressed by GM. I have seen similar complaints on this website and felt I should take action.

- Oscoda, MI, USA

Jul 042013

Bought a 2006 Saturn Vue in 2012. Within a year, had problems a couple of times with the key turning in the ignition switch. 2014: Now it takes anywhere from 5 - 15 minutes every time to get the key to turn the vehicle on in the ignition switch. Air bags: The symbol for the air bag keeps appearing on the dash board often.

- Columbus, GA, USA

Jul 302014

Vue 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2006 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who stated that the spring needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure was 41,630. Updated 09/02/14 updated 11/7/2014

- Fresno, CA, USA

Jul 012014

For second time within a year the airbag fault indicator has come on.

- Aloha, OR, USA

Jun 132014

Vue 4-cyl

The airbag sensor light on the lower left dashboard came on permanently when driving at 30 mph. There was no passenger in the passenger seat. This vehicle was purchased new in March 2006 and has never been in an accident, nor have the air bags ever been deployed. This vehicle does not a heated seats or any heating elements for the seats. This light will not turn off and after reading all of the complaints on the website, there are many complaints of this same nature that have been reported by other drivers of this particular model so it appears to be a common defect and not isolated. This is a serious safety issue that I believe GM should issue a recall for repair of this problem because these sensors should not fail so prematurely.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 032014

The contact owns a 2006 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the vehicle crashed into another vehicle on the rear drivers side door. The side air bags deployed however, the front air bags did not. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not made available of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 155,000.

- Montville, NJ, USA

Sep 092010

I have a 2006 Saturn Vue and I have several problems with my car. When I had a car wreck either of the air bags did not deploy but the lights stay on. I had to pay $596 to replace my key ignition and sometimes it still sticks. My driver door will not open and one of the seat belts in the rear has not worked properly. I see that they are recalling other Saturn but not mines.

- Knoxville, TN, USA

Apr 302014

In May 2014, my 2006 Saturn Vue AWD's passenger air bag sensor failed to indicate a passenger was in the passenger seat. The light indicator, signaled off, and the air bag warning light appeared on the dash board. Ever since then, the air bag warning light has remained on and the passenger airbag indicator has remained in the off position, even with a passenger.

- Aldie, VA, USA

Mar 052014

Vue 6-cyl

The air bag warning lights starter coming on intermittently but are now on at all times. At first, with a passenger present no warning light would display, but after a few minutes the passenger light and dash warning light would begin indicating no passenger in that seat and the dash warning would come on. The passenger air bag off light and warning light would cycle on and off whether there was a passenger or not. Now the passenger air bag off indicator is on all the time and the air bag warning light on the left lower dash is also on all the time. We have no confidence that either air bag will function during an actual frontal crash and, given what appears to be a continuously degrading system/controller, I have no confidence that one or both air bags won't deploy though no valid air bag deployment command was generated due to positive crash sensor inputs.

- Beavercreek, OH, USA

Feb 172014

Vue 6-cyl

The passgenger seat air bag light is on indicating the air bag is not on when a passenger is in the seat. When this first happened the air bag light would come on after a few miles but now it doesn't the warning light stays on all the time. I had it checked at the dealers and they told me that it would cost $1199 dollars to fix. I did not have the money so it did not get fixed. I am thinking that this should be a safety issue and should be a recall on it! will the airbag come on if I am in a crash? I don't like taking that chance.

- Riverdale, CA, USA

Nov 292006

Vue 4-cyl

Electrical problems started at 25K miles and continues through today May 5, 2014 doors unlocking while driving. Both passenger and driver airbags lights go on and off at will. All panel lights would go out. I have replaced parking, backup and head lights 4 times in this vehicle. Tag light keeps blowing, and I have replaced 4 times in 2 months I just replaced them sat May 2 and one is out now. I have to replace fuses every month for various things repeatedly the front or roof interior lights are on every morning and they are not in the on position. The speakers fade in and out I feel like I got a lemon with this vehicle year and I have spent so much money paying for dealers to trace the electrical but they always claim they cannot locate any problems. I never had a problem with the other 3 Saturn's I purchased. Ugh!

- Capitol Heights , MD, USA

Mar 142014

Vue 6-cyl

I would like to file a complaint about my 2006 Saturn Vue. There have been many instances when the air bag warning lights have illuminated on my dashboard, especially the last 2 months. This warning light appears intermittently and I also lost the illumination of my dashboard one evening. After taking the car to my mechanic, he believes that air bag light is triggered when the seat is moved to another position. He also informed me that when the air bag light is on the air bags would not deploy due to a malfunction with the system. As someone who drives primarily on the freeway at higher speeds, this is very frightening to me! after researching this today, I cannot believe how many other 2006 Saturn Vue owners have this very same complaint! why has there not been a recall for this very serious safety issue on this vehicle?

- Canton, MI, USA

Mar 182014

Vue 6-cyl

The airbag indicator lights for both driver and passenger sides stay on most of the time, but are off sometimes. I obtained the error code from my onstar service, it is B0092. A google search returned hundreds of the similar complains about GM vehicles. I would like to raise your attention to this safety related design problem from GM.

- Issaqush, WA, USA

Mar 012013

Airbag warning light says non-functional on both sides but intermittent. 69 of 129 problems reported with 2006 Saturn Vue are airbag or electrical and many talk about this problem which may relate to heater in passenger seat. This passenger seat heater does not function in my vehicle. Serious safety issue if bags are non-functional. Why no recall.

- Bolton, CT, USA

Dec 162013

Vue 6-cyl

Passenger air bag light shows that it's not active when there's someone in the seat and the air bag problem indicator light stays lit. This is an $800-$1,000 fix and there are numerous complaints. Feel this should be rolled into the new re-call that was issued this week for the same issue! (already replaced the master control module for the electronics this past fall because everything started to fail!).

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 052013

Vue 6-cyl

The air bag failure sensor lights up on the dash - indicating air bag system failure. The heated seats no longer function. However as long as we keep the heated seat switch on - the air bag failure sensor will not light, indicating that there is not a problem. As soon as we try to drive without the heated seat switch on, the air bag light goes on indicating system failure. Mechanics have stated that we need new heated seats at a cost of over $1500. The car has less than 70K miles currently on it. Reported to GM 12/2/2013 we were told it was the first they heard of the problem yet we see dozens of complaints with the same bizarre circumstances.

- Bristol, CT, USA

Feb 092014

This time after being diagnosed again, with no founded reason for the throttle sticking (at mileage 130000 at the shop, the throttle stuck on hubby while he was driving only 40 mph on the snow covered roads. Throttle stuck and went to over 60mph, at that point he was no longer concerned about the tachometer nor speed. The car stopped only after hitting the guardrails. Police, medics and tow truck on scene, front end of the car was torn off to the ground, unsure of what all damage is done at this point. However the airbags did not deploy either! now this is truly a major incident and we shall see how my insurance company wants to handle the issue. I will not be looking for another Saturn, that is for certain.

- Greene, NY, USA

Jun 102006

Ever since I purchased the car, the air bags have been a problem. They were replaced in 2008 by the dealer. Well, air bag light indicator is on again. It's a problem with the heated seats on the passenger side and air bag indicator. If I turn the heated seat on passenger side on, the view minutes later the air bag light indicator goes off. Once I turn off the heated seat, the air bag light comes back on. It pretty stupid to run the heated seat in the summer time, but that's what I have to do to keep my family safe. None of the air bags will work unless I use the heated seat. I believe a recall should be considered on this before somebody ends up killed because of the air bags, if they have not already. I am also afraid that constant continued use of the heated seat will cause a fire.

- Olive Branch, MS, USA