NHTSA — Seat Belts Problems

2.4

2006 Saturn Vue seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Saturn Vue:

2006 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

May 022014

Vue

The contact owns a 2006 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the passenger seat belt latch would not release the seat belt. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure and current mileage was 126,000.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 162013

Vue 4-cyl

Upon lowering the seatback, the middle seatbelt became "locked" in the lowered. This is the first time I have lowered the seat..

- Barbourville, KY, USA

Jun 302012

Vue 4-cyl

We rarely have put the rear seat in the folded down position but did so this past weekend to bring home some baby gear from a friend's house. When I tried to lift the seat back to the upright position it wouldn't raise. It appears that the middle seat belt locked and will not release. We have three (3) children and must have all three (3)seat belts usable. Went online to search for help and we found many incidents of this happening on multiple year Saturn which would indicate a serious design flaw; yet we will be liable for the expense because the warranty has passed unless we can find a way to release the locking mechanism.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Jul 202010

Vue

N 2006 Saturn Vue, the rear seat is a 2/3 split bench upon lowering the seatback down, the middle seatbelt became "locked" in the lowered position. The dealer told me the only remedy was to cut the seatbelt. They then told me it would be 300 dollars to replace it!interior parts). I believe it is a manufacturing defect, and should be replaced at GM's 's expense. There was absolutely nothing I could have done to prevent this from happening. I was using the automobile features as they are intended to be used. I see many many complaints of the same description on the internet!

- Grand Ledge, MI, USA

Jan 072009

Vue

Had vehicle less than three years. Driver's seatbelt clip has a plastic piece that breaks off inside the housing of the floor harness. Took to dealer; told there was nothing they could do outside of replacing--@over $300. When asked about replacing the middle seat harness, was told it was another size... really? isn't there a law for seatbelts and attendant safety. We are running belt through passenger loop when double front occupancy.

- Cols, OH, USA

Jan 152009

Vue

In 2006 Saturn Vue, the rear seat is a 2/3 split bench (the rear passenger- and middle-seatback fold down together to accommodate for large objects). Upon lowering the seatback, the middle seatbelt became "locked" in the lowered position. The dealer told me the only remedy was to cut the seatbelt. They then told me they would not pay for the seatbelt to be replaced (warranty has expired on interior parts). I believe it is a manufacturing defect, and should be replaced at Saturn's expense. There was absolutely nothing I could have done to prevent this from happening. I was using the automobile features as they are intended to be used.

- Forestville, CA, USA