2007 Saturn Vue seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Saturn Vue:

2007 Saturn Vue Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

May 162016

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the air bag module was defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 97,772.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Oct 012010

The air bag warning light has been coming on and going off for years... I believe it started in 2010 I called the dealer and also contracted GM and no recalls were reported. I then check on it with NHTSA no recalls. It 1st. Started on right passengers side it would warn it was not on ever when someone was sitting in the seat and would come on and go off. Now the light is always on. I see that I am not the only one reporting on it. I do believe that the air bag or air bags will not come on if I have an accident. Not a safe feeling for my wife and I if we would be in a bad accident. Has anyone really looked into the many complaints?

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Mar 222016

Air bag light comes on and goes off sporadically

- Richmond Hts, OH, USA

May 012015

The airbag light randomly comes on and stays on. This has been going on for several years. It does this whether the car is moving, stopped, in reverse or in park.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Apr 192016

The contact owned a 2007 Saturn Vue. While driving at an unknown speed, the contact rear ended another vehicle. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained a concussion that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was deemed destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 123,000.

- Fairview, TN, USA

Jan 282016

Light for airbag comes on light and signal for seat belt comes on even though seat belt is engaged.

- York, PA, USA

Aug 202014

More then 5 times the SUV has not started, and we had to replace the ignition switch because the key would not even turn in it. I believe we have tanaka airbags.

- Middle River, MD, USA

Jul 012015

There is a recall on similar models for the same issue, but not mine. My key comes out of the ignition while driving and continues to run. This also occurs while in park. This could cause airbags to not deploy in an accident as well as it has drained my electrical system on a number of occasions because if it is not fully disengaged I can still remove the key in acc mode and drive mode. Also, I have to tug on the gear shift in order to get the key into the proper position to remove it properly. Now┐I cannot even turn my key, as the ignition is seizing. It takes me no less than 10 minutes to get it to click and turn on. I was advised my model is not in the recall though the same and same makes are. I really feel this is a huge issue. Please advise! this has been an issue since I have owned the vehicle and I was told it was a recall, but when I went to my appointment, they advised it is not part of the current recall.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Aug 012015

The airbag light will illuminate on the dashboard at any time with no apparent cause (increase in accelerate, fast breaking, etc.) and will stay on for hours/days, the length of time that the light is on varies with each time the airbag light illuminates. It light turns on anywhere from 4-10 times per week. Shouldn't be responsible to fix an apparent defect in the manufacturing of my vehicle.

- Battle Creek, MI, USA

Sep 132014

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Vue. Upon starting the vehicle, the air bag warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The contact also stated that the key could be pulled out of the ignition at anytime. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 89,000.

- Fairfax, VA, USA

Dec 292014

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Vue. While driving approximately 25 to 55 mph, the passenger side air bag light illuminated and the panel displayed that the battery was dead. In addition, the front end of the vehicle vibrated uncontrollably. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Seymour, TN, USA

Aug 012011

The contact owns a 2007 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, a grinding type noise was present coming from the front passenger side wheel and the front of the vehicle would vibrate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, who diagnosed that the front passenger side wheel bearing was faulty. The bearing was replaced but the failure recurred. The contact indicated that while operating the vehicle, the front passenger side air bag sensor light would illuminate indicating that the system was turned off although a passenger was seated in the front passenger seat. The contact stated that the failure was intermittent. The failures were not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Kimberling City, MO, USA

Jul 212015

While driving I noticed the "air bag readiness" light come on. It stayed on for about 10-15 minutes until I reached my destination and turned off the engine. I turned the car back on and the light only stayed on for a short time, then went off. Later that day when driving the light came back on and stayed on again until I turned off the engine. It did this several times. I checked the owners manual and it said to take it in for diagnostics to be run. It also said that the air bag could deploy unexpectedly, or not deploy at all if in an accident. I made and appointment on 07/24/2015 and took it to a dealer. After running the computer check on it, the technician said the passenger presence sensor needed to be replaced and it was not covered by my extended warranty. The parts would have to be ordered and would take several hours to install. The cost would be approximately $1,200 or more for parts and labor. I had to take off work twice to take in for service, and lost about 8 hours of work time due to this incident. Also, the turn signal had to be replaced; it failed to turn off after making a turn, mostly to the left, but sometimes turning to the right also. I was told that neither of these should have needed to be replaced on my car with the mileage it has.

- Liberty, MO, USA

Jul 232015

I started my car and the drive side air bag light came on no blinking just on. My car had been parked while I was at work. I went home for lunch I figured it was just a glitch would go out went back to work parked it again then when I left to go home it was on again. In the past few months I have had my keys get stuck in the ignition switch and had to wiggle the steering wheel to.get them out. My radio screen will go all crazy funny numbers and I have had wind noise with both of my front doors since I have owned the vehicle. We took it to the dealership and the worked on the ignition switch when it was under warranty but it didn't help. Now with the airbag I am terrified to drive the car I paid for and to let my child ride in it and it's my only transportation. It looks like every other Saturn is getting recalled but this one we need help before we get hurt. I was not aware of these problems when I purchased this vehicle but now saddled with it hoping for someone to make sure we are safe like other car owners.

- Cochran, GA, USA

Jun 222015

Intermittent drivers side air bag light. Comes on for a while then will go off, could be days or could be hours.

- Canton, KS, USA

May 302015

Air bab light always on passenger side; dealer told us it is not working when lit; cost to repair about 900 dollars to replace entire air bag assembly. Feel GM is responsible for faulty air bag; Honda is finally owning up to their air bag issues.

- East Peoria, IL, USA

May 022011

Air bag warning light comes on periodically. Went to a dealership back when it first started happening. Was told it would cost about $300 to check it out. They would not tell me if other customers had brought in Saturn for this type of problem. I believe this is a safety hazard issue from the manufacturer and I should not have to pay to get it corrected. Obviously, this has been a known problem for some time with these vehicles. When will it be addressed?

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

May 082014

My airbag light came on and flashed on the dashboard. It has continued to do so for this past year. Now the recall is telling us that this could be a big problem

- Jefferson, GA, USA

Apr 092012

I own a 2007 Saturn Vue which was purchased brand new in May 2007. The driver's side airbag light illuminates for weeks before it will turn off. I have taken it to the dealership and they can not find any problems so they say. Right after I bring the vehicle home the problem begins again. The vehicle was under warranty but the warranty has since expired and I don't think I should be the one to pay for a repair when it is obviously a manufacture problem. I have been reading the same problem from quite a few owners. Why does someone have to get seriously hurt or die for that matter before the manufacture will do something to prevent possible injury? the part probably doesn't cost that much for the manufacture to fix but they would rather risk getting sued for millions than fix a $$ problem. Oh the shame!

- Kapolei, HI, USA

May 102015

Driver's side air bag warning light has been going on and off for a few months (if on, it would stay on throughout the entire trip but wouldn't necessarily come on the next time the car is started). More recently, it has been coming on and staying during every trip. This is concerning because it is unclear whether this is a glitch in the electrical system (coming on and off would indicate that it is) or if the air bags aren't working properly.

- Harleysville, PA, USA