2008 Saturn Vue brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Vue:

2008 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Jun 042016

While in motion the front brakes started to engage themselves. Vehicle did not want to move very well.vehicle slowed down quickly when letting off the gas pedal came to a stop without pressing the brake. Pulled over and both front wheels were smoking.

- Wausau, WI, USA

Feb 172015

Vue 4-cyl

Our 2008 Saturn Vue xe recently started locking up the ABS and brakes while driving. It happens in stop and go traffic and most frighteningly at freeway speeds. The vehicle will apply the brakes at will for no reason and the ABS and traction control indicators come on. We have had the vehicle serviced multiple times and we have replaced all brake hardware and the issue still exists. We have done countless hours of research and have found that hundreds of Saturn, Chevrolet, and commodore vehicles exhibit the same issues and General Motors dealerships do not even have an answer. The vehicle brake issues render the vehicle inoperable and cause immediate slowness and inability to maneuver on the freeway when it locks up. We cannot use the vehicle and have exhausted all resources and options trying to fix the issue. It cannot be traded in with these issues either. Can somebody investigate possible recalls or dealer solutions so we can feel safe driving...with or without our small children. Please help.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Jul 022014

Vue 4-cyl

Got in car and noticed that my radio had been reset, and that my car wouldn't start. I got a jump from my insurance company, and shortly after turning on the air, the odometer panel faded off. You can no longer see the odometer reading or the outside weather temp. The car also delays when it starts. Sometime it wont even start the first time around, unless you pump at the pedal a few times. This car has had several recalls in the past, and I am almost certain none of the recalls were fixed by the GM dealership that sold it to me in 2011.

- Englewood, OH, USA

Jun 242014

Vue 6-cyl

This car was purchased on 4/4/2009 with 13,936 miles on it. As of the date of the incident, there are 71,694 miles on the car or 57,758 miles driven (average 11,550 per year). This car was well kept and had the appropriate maintenance done. The first thing that failed on the car was the keyless start. It failed less than seven months after purchase. Last winter, we noticed the electronic stability failed and no longer worked. On 6/24/2008; the transmission failed. We get the transmission fluids checked every oil change and everything seemed to be working fine. Two weeks ago, the car started making rubbing noises until now the transmission actually failed. Car transmissions should last at least 100K miles. With the history of Saturn Vues having transmission issues, this one has now failed us.

- South Euclid, OH, USA

May 072014

Vue 6-cyl

While backing out of a parking spot, my car just quit, locked up steering, everything dead. Could not move the steering wheel or anything. Car did start up again. Drove down the road a 1/2 block and car stopped again, dead in road, no steering, could not operate door locks or anything. Car started again and managed to move the car to a safe spot before it went out again. Nothing was workable. When the car was taken to Chevrolet dealer in llano, tx it was diagnosed as the positive connection to the main fuse box had come loose. The only fix was complete replacement of the fuse box assembly because the main positive lug to the fuse box is only held on by plastic. The design of this fuse box is definitely poor creating the possibility of a very dangerous situation. Had I been driving on the highway at a high rate of speed when this occurred, the outcome could have been disastrous causing an accident and possible death. This poorly designed fuse box with main lug nut held by only plastic needs to be addressed immediately to prevent future accidents and possible death to occupants of the vehicle.

- Doss, TX, USA

Aug 282013

The contact owns a 2008 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that while driving approximately 35 mph, the traction control and emergency brake warning indicators illuminated intermittently. The failure became permanent over a period of time. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where both rear brakes were replaced. In addition, the rotors were resurfaced. The failure persisted after the repair was performed. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where they informed the contact that the failure could possibly be related to the brake pressure modulator valve. The vehicle was not further repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 66,000.

- Grand Rapid, MI, USA

Dec 102008

I was concerned about the traction control/stabilitrak feature on my 2008 Saturn Vue redline. I've owned the vehicle for almost 16 months (purchased brand new) and within that time period the traction control/stabilitrak indicators turned on in the dic approximately 15-20 times. The vehicle then starts to jerk pretty rough. I need to pull of the road and shut down the vehicle then restart for the indicator lights to shut off. It happens at any given time most of the time in ideal conditions either on the highway or freeway. I've never taken the vehicle in because they always tell me they can't do anything unless they can reproduce the problem that I'm bringing in the vehicle for. I don't want to waste my time going there for no results being that there is only one dealership on the island. I'm not sure if it's an isolated condition or if other Saturn have the same condition. The incident date is the last time the indicators went on.

- Honolulu, HI, USA