2008 Saturn Vue electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Vue:

2008 Saturn Vue Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

May 012011

The contact owns a 2008 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the battery failed numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the local mechanic where the mechanic advised that an electrical failure could have been causing the battery to drain prematurely. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and recommended to have the dealer perform a diagnostic. The vehicle was not repaired or diagnosed for the failure. The failure mileage was 79,000 and the current mileage was 93,430.

- Topeka , KS, USA

Dec 052011

Passenger headlight went out. I attempted to fix it, but a new bulb doesn't resolve the issue. The protective cover over the wiring going to the light is melted and there are noticeable burn marks around the light and light housing.

- Tomball, TX, USA

Aug 302009

When the vehicle is running, there are times when the air conditioner blows nothing but extremely hot air. It does not matter what you do with the controls. The fan is on high and the lights on the controls blink.

- Overton, NE, USA

Aug 212011

While driving in the rain with the air conditioner going, the air conditioner all of a sudden started blowing hot air and at the highest fan speed. At first we could not turn down the speed and then as we played with the dials we were able to get it down to the lowest speed. Because the air flow is always moving in the Vue (according to the owners manual) were were not able to shut the fan off completely. Even turning the air control unit to manual the heat continued to blow. The top of the unit was getting extremely hot to the touch. We were stopping for lunch with and when we returned after the meal the unit had reset itself and we had no more problems on the return trip from va to oh. On 8/23/11 the problem occurred again and only turning off the engine reset the unit. Took the Vue in for service and they reprogrammed the air conditioner, evaced (?) the unit and recharged with freon. Two weeks later, on 9/6 /11 the same thing occurred twice within 6 hours. Will be calling the dealership again.

- Hanoverton, OH, USA

Jun 222010

The contact owns a 2008 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that while starting the vehicle, it would begin to shake and stall. In order to stop the vehicle from shaking, the contact would shut it off and restart it. A system warning light would illuminate on the instrument panel whenever the failure occurred. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer where the computer was updated and the battery was replaced. The failure continued. The vehicle was taken to another authorized dealer where the computer was again updated. The failure continued. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 60,500.

- Washington Dc, DC, USA

Nov 152010

When I'd use the windshield wipers, I lose all power to the drivers side headlight and the blinker would not work, all while the fluid is running out the back windshield wiper connection. I had the Vue in for the same issue 4 times and was told this was a warranty issue at the beginning and when they finally fixed the grounding box and replaced the so called lifetime headlamp, I was charged $364. Not warranty covered. This started at around 36,000. GM screwed us Saturn owners big time.

- Mechanicsburg, PA, USA

Mar 052009

While driving our 2008 Saturn Vue all the instrument panel monitors disappeared - didn't know what gear, speed or gas gauge etc. Took it in to the dealers' where they figured it was the computer- as they could not reset it. After many days, this was not the problem so they put the original one back in. After talking to several friends who had a similar problem with a 2008 Chevy Blazer, they discovered that it was fluid in the throttle box -when we mentioned this to the service manager, the problem was quickly resolved! another time the engine light came on - we discovered that the problem was simply that the gas cap has not been replaced properly. Seems it is very sensitive.

- Windsor Ontario, 00, USA

Jul 142010

My 2008 Saturn Vue xr has had numerous issues with the instrument panel. In May 2010, the entire instrument panel (speedometer, RPM, odometer, radio, etc.) went out while I was driving down the road. I took it to the dealership where they replaced a computer component in the instrument panel. Now in July 2010 (2 months later) I was driving down the road and looked at my speedometer which said I was going 80 mph. I was clearly not going 80 mph, so right away I knew something was wrong. I stopped the car and even when the car was completely stopped the speedomter read 30 mph. It even stayed on 30 mph when I turned the car off. I took the car back to the dealership and am being told that they need to replace the exact same part that they just replaced two months ago. Clearly this part is faulty and it is a definite safety concern when you are driving down the road and are unable to tell how fast you are going. I have seen other complaints on this website regarding a similiar issue.

- Foothill Ranch, CA, USA

Feb 012010

Ltr fwd email fm (al) re 2008 Saturn Vue. Vehicle experienced several defects and received notice that GM extended warranty will no longer cover this vehicle, reply to mobile, al ofc. The consumer stated the vehicle stalled when he attempted to accelerate, the vehicle had electrical problems, the front end made popping noises and a strange noise was coming from the dash.

- Eight Mile, AL, USA

Nov 142008

On 9/24/08 I purchased a 2008 Saturn Vue xr AWD with 5945 miles on it at the time of purchase. It was a corporate fleet vehicle prior to my purchase. It has a "preferred package" including a factory-installed remote start. In the short 4 months I own it I have experienced a problem with the instrument cluster panel at least 10 times or more. Specifically, the instrument cluster display does not illuminate at all. No speedometer, no fuel gage, RPM's or turn signals yet the vehicle is in drive and running. What I've been experiencing typically happens when I use the remote keyless entry (rke) to remote start the vehicle & particularly when it's extremely cold or the vehicle has been sitting overnight for several hours. I remote start the vehicle then within 6-8 minutes I enter the vehicle using the unlock key on the remote. I put the key in the ignition and turn it to the "on" position which should then allow the vehicle to operate normally once it is put in gear. My vehicle's instrument cluster panel is completely dark with no display whatsoever yet the vehicle is running and in motion. One day I tried to remote start it as I usually do but it would not work even though I was in range and then when I put the key in the ignition it still would not start. On another day I was driving when suddenly the dashboard just went completely black for about 5 seconds and then came back on again. I have brought my Vue back to the dealership 3 times already and they say they cannot duplicate the problem and there is nothing that they can do. I just have to wait until it happens again. Unacceptable response on Saturn/GM's behalf. I know there is an electrical problem but they won┐T listen to me. I have also had a control arm bushing replaced already. The rear windshield washer fluid does not come out which they say was clogged & fixed. Thanks to NHTSA's website I was able to find a power steering recall that the dealer didn't address - my entire reservoir needed replacement.

- Whitestone, NY, USA

Oct 202008

Vue 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Saturn Vue. The contact stated that the exterior thermostat has never worked since the vehicle was purchased. The dealer attempted to make repairs on several occasions, but was unsuccessful. The current mileage was 14,000 updated 1/6/09 updated 01/14/09.

- Mt Pleasant, MI, USA