2008 Saturn Vue miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Saturn Vue:

2008 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Aug 162016

Was on a street stopped at a light, went to go and would not move, started to move again got a little ways down the street and it stopped again was able to get off the side but it would not move again. Called a tow truck. Its the tramsmission.

- Waterford, MI, USA

Mar 012016

After driving my car the ignition key would not turn to the "off" position once the car is stopped and the shifter in park. The key was stuck the after driving " had power but I couldnt remove my key, its stuck, couldn't move my steering wheel its locked. I tried moving back into the park position several times before the ignition key would release allowing the key out so can leave. Key in "off" position. I couldnt remove the key, steering wheel locked up, this happened twice now ? both times after driving in on slightly bumpy road fwy. "

- Long Beach, CA, USA

May 162016

2008 Saturn Vue, liftgate gas struts that hold the liftgate up when open. These struts failed and the open liftgate suddenly falled and unexpectedly it strikes me on head. Car was parked in level driveway and I just open it up - 7 seconds later it crushed my head. Very unstable and dangerous to close without gas struts it's too heavy and slams closed.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jan 112016

Are their any recalls on any parts?

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Aug 132015

Ive had this issue fixed by 2 different mechanics. I didnt list the first incident because I dont remember the mileage. What happens is everytime I put gas in my vehicle it wont crank. This happens no matter how much gas I put in it. The first time it happened in February I was coming from out of town and needed gas, but prior to that the vehicle would jerk when I turned on the air which wasnt often in February because it was mostly cool out. So ive had to buy brand new parts twice because its what the computer read as an issue. The other issue I have every once in a while, I could be just getting in vehicle and it cranks fine, I would put the vehicle in reverse to back out and it wont bulge. Id then put it back in park thain drive itll move forward perfectly. When I put it in reverse again it would back out without control without ease. Once I almose hit a car passing my driveway. This happens once or twice a month. Ive also had the issue with the door opening handles where they stick I just thought my kids werent closing the door all the way. Now theyve gotten used to slamming the door because they dont want to hear my mouth everytime I get an open door notification.

- Sarasota, FL, USA

May 102015

The ignition key would not turn to the "off" position once the car is stopped and the shifter in park. The key would only move to the accessory power position and would not allow the engine to turn off. To turn the engine off, the shifter needed to be moved out of the park position and back into the park position several times before the ignition would unlock to allow the key to move to the "off" position.

- Austin, TX, USA

Jun 252015

Ignition switch locked up, could not start car.

- Winston Salem , NC, USA

Jun 172015

Transmission stuttered once accelerating from a stop light, again later driving apprx 35 mph changing lanes; slight acceleration. Then noticed the engine light was on, so I pulled into a parking lot, stop the car and began checking the vehicle manual which indicated possible emission issues +++. began researching where the closest GM dealer was located. I turned the engine on, put it in reverse, checking for clearance behind me then stepped on the accelerator.... the engine revved and the car started to drift forward towards the vehicle parked in front of me. "no reverse?" good thing I left plenty of parking clearance. I then researched were a transmission shop was located. After the vehicle ahead of me pulled out I was able to drive out of the shopping center... once on the main road had to put the emergency lights on because the shifting into 3rd gear would like slip, going into a high rev, letting up off the accelerator allowed shifting to progress. Thank goodness the tranny shop was only 1/2 mile away. A couple of hours later the shop called that a couple of codes indicating possible electronic faults may be the cause. Now waiting for follow up.

- Gig Harbor, WA, USA

May 252014

Last summer the air worked on and off. Problems were when you first started driving and in traffic but otherwise worked well. This year it has not worked at all. It blows fine but it's only hot air. Mechanic said freon was fine and could not correct the problem after trying everything he could. He replaced a switch or something which I can't recall right now but it didn't help. He is a well respected mechanic in the same place for over 20 years. I live in a very hot and humid area of the country and have medical issues which make driving the car a concern for me. I have read this is a common complaint with this car.

- Rockmart, GA, USA

Aug 012014

Vue 4-cyl

Every time a I take a left hand turn with this car, the traction control, brake light, and another light symbol come on and the car starts dinging. Because this is a breaking issue and isolated to certain turns, this appears to be an unsafe situation.

- Chandler , AZ, USA

May 152014

Driving at speed and the transmission jerks causing the vehicle to slow down in traffic. Very scary feeling to not know what is causing your vehicle to suddenly fail and loosing control of your speed during travel. To have such a vital part able to fail in such a critical functioning of the vehicle is dangerous and potentially dangerous to drivers on the roads as well as the occupants of the vehicle. Please don't allow this to become a fatality before action is taken. The wave plate on these GM vehicles is breaking inside the transmission. Causing complete in motion failure of vehicle at speed. Thank you for what you do.

- Clarksville , TN, USA

May 272011

A/C fails/works intermittently. At times, the vents blow a white, very cold "fog" into the vehicle. Once this occurs the A/C will "freeze up" and not work properly. My mechanic is unable to determine/correct the problem. Purchased this vehicle Jan 2011. During the extreme heat experienced in mo during the summer of 2011; this is unacceptable and unsafe for children as the heat index rose to over 100 degrees and sustained for weeks at a time. I have a 6 yr & 8 yr old (who has heat triggered asthma). For this health reason I maintain a newer vehicle that should provide adequate A/C. for a vehicle of this age, mileage, and cost of this vehicle, I expect the manufacturer to ensure that this important feature is capable of running correctly for the first 100,000 miles; or recall & fix this A/C issue that I have found is plaguing many Saturn Vue owners. As a single mother, I do not have the flexibility or income to be without my vehicle while it is serviced by a dealership at dealership costs. Yet, it is now unsafe for me and my children to travel on extremely hot days in this vehicle.

- Moscow Mills, MO, USA

Nov 202010

My Saturn 2008 has 47 000 miles and it already needs heater core replacement. I took it in because check engine light was on. It cost $333 to replace cam haft acuters. Six months ago I took my car in for one of the safety recalls because GM was recalling 44,451 2008 Saturn Vue vehicles with body color outside door handles. The outside door handles may stick or bind. If this were to occur, the door may not latch when closed. Consequences driving with an unlatched door could result in an unbelted occupant falling out of the vehicle, causing increased risk of injury. A month ago I took it for a different recall. GM was recalling 42,408 2008-2009 Saturn Vue vehicles. Some of these vehicles have a condition in which the nut securing the power steering line to the power steering pump may loosen. If this were to occur, there may be a power steering fluid leak. Consequences the fluid could contact hot exhaust components resulting in a possible engine compartment fire. Now I have coolant fluid dripping on my engine and I can not breathe while driving my vehicle. This is very expensive replacement and I don't know how I am going to pay for it. Dealership is asking for $1100 for just a part plus hours of work. They usually charge $80 an hour. My 2008 Saturn is spending more time in shop in repairs than on the road.

- Greensboro, NC, USA