2009 Saturn Vue drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Saturn Vue:

2009 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Jan 062015

Vue 6-cyl

I turned the corner to enter my street, there is a slight "S" curve to enter my street. I was no more than 50 yards from the corner when my vehicle revved loudly, RPM to 3500 and accelerated, I managed to avoid more damaged than was done, but in the interim I hit a 3' tall brick mail box and caused damage to my vehicle. The gentleman whose mail box I hit suggested I research recalls, - and I found a ton of "like" incidences with these vehicles and transmissions. It is amazing no one has been killed. General consensus is GM is not taking responsibility for these situations. GM knows the transmission is defective, but refuses to address the issue. People have been left stranded with a non working vehicle and still owing money for this. There is evidence of failure on a continual basis, but GM is abandoning the cause. Disgusting since we the tax payers bailed them out with their sub standard product!

- Orange Park , FL, USA

Jun 162014

Vue 6-cyl

My vehicle is shifting extremely hard. Dealer stated that it was a wave plate inside the transmission and would require an overhaul of the transmission. Research has shown many others have reported this same problem with the approximate mileage that my vehicle has.

- New Salisbury, IN, USA

Sep 132013

Car would not start, when you put the key in the ignition will not start. After several attempts you can finally get it to connect. This is an ongoing issue I have had the car in the garage several times. I have been stranded three times in the last six months. It doesn't happen all the time and never happens when the garage has the vehicle. The last time was on Saturday 5/18/2014 the only way I could get the vehicle to start was to put it in neutral and turn the steering column, then when it would go back to the straight position the vehicle would stop again. After about five times trying it this way I left the wheels turned all the way to the left and put the vehicle into gear and made a U turn and keep going to home. I am afraid to try this car for fear it will cut out and someone will run into me.

- Rockford, MI, USA

Feb 012012

Vue 4-cyl

As of the beginning of last yr. My Saturn has been giving me trouble with the key not coming out of the ignition when I turn off the engine. I have try a number of things. Ex; turn engine back on & turn the wheel to the left & then to the right. Also I'll shift the trans from P to D & back. It seems to be something in the lock or what ever controls the trans. That sends a signal when ignition is off so you can turn the key all the way to the off position to release the key. My 1st yr I had no problems. Other than this key situation I have had a good ride with this vehicle....updated 07-24-13 the consumer stated as of 07/12/13 the shift assembly was replaced to correct the key situation. At the present time, there were no more problems with removing the key.

- Belleville, NJ, USA

Mar 132012

Vue 4-cyl

I started the engine and heard a clang. I got out and looked under my car and there was a part of the air conditioner compressor (part of the clutch) laying on the ground. I took it in for service and was told the bearings failed and it was falling apart. I noticed on edmond's that others were having the same problem with the same mileage for the same model so I thought I should document this. Thank you for your time and consideration.

- Austin, TX, USA