NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

2009 Saturn Vue (Page 2 of 2)

3.3

2009 Saturn Vue electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Saturn Vue:

2009 Saturn Vue Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Nov 032012

Vue 4-cyl

While driving at approximately 30 mph parts of the instrument cluster failed. This included the speedometer, electronic stability control and driver information center. Driver pulled over and turned off the vehicle. Restarting the vehicle did not correct the condition. The vehicle was driven approximately a mile to home and shut off. Starting the vehicle later resulted in the components working properly. Note that on previous occasions the dic (driver information center) has reset itself. Vehicle has never been in an accident and is maintained in excellent condition.

- Birmingham, MI, USA

Aug 182010

Vue 6-cyl

I purchased my 2009 Saturn Vue xr V6 a year ago. After driving my Saturn during the 1st month I began to notice the A/C was blowing warm air when I was needing to cool the inside of the cabinet. We had very hot consecutive days in N.C with temperatures reaching in access of 100 degrees. I had no choice but to let the windows down to survive the heat. I am angry with GM now as they are appearing to ignore this problem with no recall in sight to date. I understand that GM has reported to have repaid at least 30 percent of tarp money they received from the government bailout and reported billions in profit. GM needs to step up to the plate and address and fix this problem with the Saturn Vue. The fastest and cheapest from of advertising in still word of mouth. I will express to my friends, family and strangers I meet with my displeasure with the GM product. The A/ C problem with my Saturn Vue occurs everytime I turn on the unit. A cabin sensor unit was replace once to fix the problem ; however, the problem still exist. I am not happy making monthly payments for my Saturn Vue with this problem continuing to exist with my A/C.

- Durham, NC, USA

Jan 152011

Vue 6-cyl

2009 Saturn Vue xr. In December 2010 I noticed interior and exterior lights would occasionally start flickering, approx. 2 hz rate. Problem was intermittent; several repair shops said "probably a short..." but I never had anyone actually try to troubleshoot. On Jan 15 2011 I noticed that the driver's side sun visor spindle was very hot to the touch. I was concerned that it might get hot enough to start a fire. I took the visor down from the headliner, hoping to find a connector for the wires, but it was hard wired, so I snipped and taped off the wires and remounted the visor. The flickering problem has not returned, so I believe the two to be related.

- Ardmore, AL, USA

Aug 312010

Vue

The contact owns a 2009 Saturn Vue hybrid. While driving 65 mph and exiting the freeway, the vehicle lost power steering and would not slow down when the brake pedal was depressed. The check engine, brake and ABS lights illuminated. The contact pulled over but the vehicle would not restart after being turned off. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer where the contact was informed that the hybrid battery needed to be replaced; the vehicle had not been repaired as the parts were on backorder. The contact called the manufacturer who offered no assistance. The failure mileage was approximately 19,000.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Oct 232010

Vue

My 2009 Saturn Vue hybrid was purchases in Jan 2009. Since that time my car battery has died 4 times. When I took it to the Saturn dealer in savannah they said there was nothing wrong with the battery but my hybrid battery had a recall. After 10 days the vehicle was released back to me with a new hybrid battery however, the 12 V continues to die. The GM dealer in hinesville ga said that batteries will die in extreme conditions. I live in SE Georgia. I have no gps, radar detector, mps player, dvd player etc plugged into my Vue to account for weather or battery drain. I purchased this vehicle to Transport my granddaughter to doc appt, soccer, shopping and daycare knowing that by uses a hybrid I was being kinder to the environment. When my battery died last night I contacted on star to run a diagnostic test. On stat did not find any issues with the batter however, my airbags would not deploy in case of an accident. There is something very wrong with the battery or electrical system of the Vue hybrid and my dealership is not being forthright about the larger issue. Eventually my warranty will run out and then I will be stuck with a very expensive lemon! please help!

- R' Hill, GA, USA

Jul 272010

Vue

My 2009 Saturn Vue hybrid has had 2 car batteries die and the hybrid batteries have had to be replaced as well. I purchased the Vue in July of 2009. The first car battery was reported dead by the lou fuze dealership less than a week after my purchase and replaced under warranty. The hybrid batteries were deemed "dead" by the lou fuze dealership in July 2010 and replaced under warranty. In October 2010, the car battery was again deemed "dead" and replaced by the lou fuze dealership. Each time the car battery was replaced, I was told by the dealership that batteries will die quickly in extreme conditions. I was not aware that the St. Louis area qualified as extreme in terms of weather. Additionally, I was told by the service manager during my the October 2010 incident that I should be happy it was only my car battery that was dead because the hybrid batteries are on back order. It seems that there is something very wrong with the battery or electrical system of the Vue hybrid and my dealership is not being forthright about the larger issue. Eventually my warranty will run out and then I will be stuck with a very expensive lemon! please help!

- Belleville, IL, USA