2009 Saturn Vue engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Saturn Vue:

2009 Saturn Vue Owner Comments

Mar 082014

Was driving along 35 mph. Vehicle started to smoke pull over put the car in park when I got out to check to see where the smoke was coming from I saw flames underneath the vehicle on the passenger side with minutes the vehicle was on fire whole front end of the vehicle was consumed by flames.

- Coventry, RI, USA

Mar 132012

Vue 4-cyl

I started the engine and heard a clang. I got out and looked under my car and there was a part of the air conditioner compressor (part of the clutch) laying on the ground. I took it in for service and was told the bearings failed and it was falling apart. I noticed on edmond's that others were having the same problem with the same mileage for the same model so I thought I should document this. Thank you for your time and consideration.

- Austin, TX, USA

Feb 262010

The contact owns a 2009 Saturn Vue. During a routine oil change, the mechanic stated that there were pieces of metal in the oil filter. The vehicle didn't malfunction or affect his ability to drive at the time of the complaint. He scheduled an appointment with the dealer on 03/02/2010. He had not called the manufacturer to-date. The current mileage was 5,325. The failure mileage was 5,266.

- Anaheim, CA, USA