NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic: Foundation Components: Disc: Caliper Problems

4.7

2005 Scion tC brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Scion tC:

2005 Scion tC Owner Comments

Mar 312006

tC 4-cyl

I noticed that the front right brake was wearing faster then the left because of an increase in brake dust on that rim. I took the car to a dealer and they told me that there was nothing wrong with the car and it was just wear and tear. I continued to drive the car for another 1000 miles or so and then I noticed that the car would make funny noises and shake and also have a harder time stopping from highway speeds. So I took the car into another dealer and they told me that the car had a faulty, sticking caliper and that the car was unsafe to drive.

- Northbrook, IL, USA