NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems

2006 Scion tC fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Scion tC:

2006 Scion tC Owner Comments

Jul 272012

Engine has sever oil consumption to where we are adding a quart or more every 1000 miles or so in between oil changes. Worries me to were I check every week just to make sure there is enough oil. I should not have to worry about that sort of thing. While driving om streets or highways, happens every where, as you shift at a certain RPM (about 1500-2500-3000 ect) the car will hesitate for a few seconds. We originally thought it was from the A/C since I bought the car in the summer time but once the A/C is off the car still hesitates. We have noticed we are not the only ones with this issues but we are the only year that is reporting them. What is going on with my engine and fuel system?! please help!!!!

- Boise, ID, USA

Jul 172015

The contact owns a 2006 Toyota Scion Tc. While driving at any speed, the check engine warning light illuminated and there was a fuel odor. The vehicle was taken to the independent mechanic who diagnosed that the ignition switch leaked. As a result, the charcoal canister was replaced. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 47,841.

- Brookesville, FL, USA

Sep 282012

Head gasket leaking found 6 head bolts loose. Installed new head gasket set, new intake manifold. Paid 2000 dollars for repairs, now having problem with the engine. Makes loud noise and overheats. Mechanic and bar agent advised it was a manufacturing problem. Headbolts came loose again and now I need new engine. Previous to this my insurance had paid a total of 5000 dollars for some mechanical and body work. I have been without a vehicle for almost seven months now. Called Toyota manufacture company they told me the only way they would inspect the vehicle would be if they charged me. I do not have the money to afford the repair again and to buy a new engine. I just need it to be inspected especially since I had a government official from the bureau of auto repair confirm that there was a manufacturing defect.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA