NHTSA — Structure: Frame And Members Problems

6.5

2007 Scion tC body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Scion tC:

2007 Scion tC Owner Comments

Apr 272008

tC 4-cyl

I woke up this morning and saw my glass wind deflector shattered into many pieces. Im worried that if I open it, glass will fall on over me. I brought it to the dealership and they said a little rock hit it which caused it to shattered. They wanted to charge me over $400. But if I get it fixed, it will be likely to happen again. The previous model had a recalled with the same problem and it was being fixed for free. How come are they trying to charge me? the laminated tape doesn't go across the whole glass wind deflector. The laminated tape doesn't prevent the glass from cracking so therefore it will happen again and if I was driving while it was up. I'm more likely to get injured.

- Nederland, TX, USA