NHTSA — Service Brakes, Electric Problems

2007 Scion tC brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Scion tC:

2007 Scion tC Owner Comments

May 052010

This event happen 2 times in the 3years I've owned the car, the 1st incident was 2009 while I was parking my car in a wendys lot. While slowing down to park the car accelerated in the parking spot and while slamming my foot on the brakes it finally stopped but on top parking concrete stopper (not sure about name and also on top of the side walk. The second incident just happen today (5/5/10) while leaving work. As I was backing the car up and getting out the parking spot I put the car in drive and it accelerated forward before putting my foot on the gas, I then again banged my foot on the gas and made sure I was pressing the brake and the car kept on accelerating into a parked car and I was then able to put the car in park. The first time the incident happen I was in denial and second guessing my own driving so I paid to get the front bumper replaced. This is the second time this has happen and I reported the incident to my insurance. Not to mention when I first purchased my Scion I had spoke to them about my brakes grinding with in the first 1000 miles, they looked at it and told me everything has checked out. I have since dealt with the problem by allowing myself to be prepared ahead of time to stop. I have also had my brakes replaced which in turn didn't sold the grinding. In the snow my car barely even stops.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Jan 012010

Brake failure to stop in uneven pavement, happen more than three times. Brake was check by a dealer and was found ok. File a complaint with Scion.

- Charlotte, NC, USA