NHTSA — Power Train Problems

2.0

2007 Scion tC drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Scion tC:

2007 Scion tC Owner Comments

Feb 172016

tC

Takata recall my car's engine recently (two days ago) has been making ticking rattling noises when I start up and begin to accelerate. Took my 2007 Scion Tc in to have the oil checked and they said the valve gasket cover was damaged and just needed replacement. They preformed an oil change and fixed the valve cover and hand me over the keys to take off. As I start up the car the engine is still making the ticking rattling noise. I go back into the service department and ask them if the car just needs to circulate the oil around for a bit to lubricate the engine and then the noise will go away. They all hesitated from answering the question and said it may just permanently be there. My car only has 78,000 miles and I have always kept it in good care. This problem came out of nowhere and left me incredibly disappointed driving away with the same problem left unfixed. After doing some research on the issue I came across many others who have experienced this same sort of problem regarding excessive oil consumption burning that is leading to engine failure. What is Toyota doing about this problem that is occurring for many customers at a low mileage point" are they standing behind their loyalty and trust to their customers or just going to leave them out in the cold to worry about these high cost problems alone" thank you for any help and guidance you can provide.

- Clive, IA, USA