NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2.5

2007 Scion tC lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Scion tC:

2007 Scion tC Owner Comments

Feb 022011

tC 4-cyl

At approximately 56K miles radio lighting, temperature control lights went out. The engine maintenance light starting coming on at about 60K miles and after having the car checked it was determined that the fuel/oxygen sensor was not operating properly so I had it replaced. The light went off for approximately 200miles then came back on. I took it to two different maintenance places and it was determined the serpentine belt needed to be replaced. I had it replaced. The maintenance person drove the car for a week approximately 125 miles. The light went remained off. I brought the car home and two days later the light was back on and is still on. I called the Scion headquarters 1-866-707-2466 and was told the only thing I could do was take it to a dealership. I was told the three places I had taken my car to were probably misdiagnosing the problem and only a Toyota dealership could properly diagnose any issues I had with my car. I would like to know if this is the case...why are so many places equipped with these computers if they are not working properly"???"

- Rutherford College, NC, USA