NHTSA — Service Brakes, Hydraulic Problems Seal Of

2010 Scion tC brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Scion tC:

2010 Scion tC Owner Comments

Jan 302010

tC 4-cyl

Happened last weekend, was making a right turn in my new 2010 Scion Tc. Car is just barely 2 months old and less than 800 miles on the odometer. Middle part of a nice, mild day, dry road, but some broken pavement/roughness at the corner there. Someone coming from my 3 O'clock position was planning to make a U-turn in the intersection so I attempted to stop for them before completing my right turn. Applied brakes and pedal resistance and deceleration rate initially seemed normal, but then when it got a little bumpy the brake pedal effort went to zero and so did my braking. So my car proceeded with the motion, at coasting speed -- not accelerating (my foot was off the gas, on the brake pedal), but also not slowing at all!

- San Diego, CA, USA