NHTSA — Visibility: Sun Roof Assembly Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of

2.0

2011 Scion tC accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Scion tC:

2011 Scion tC Owner Comments

Dec 282015

tC 4-cyl

**sunroof shattered** around 7:00 am on a Monday (12/28) I go outside to warm up my car an notice that the sunroof is shattered! it is shattered in a way that appears it was from the inside going outward. The outside edges of the glass near the weather stripping is pulled away in an akward manner. None of my belongings were taken and no noticeable cause as to why it shattered. Again, simply parked in my driveway in roanoke, tx. Through my own investigating, I have found that this is a common occurrence in all year models of Scion Tcs. I just hope that Toyota takes this into consideration moving forward. Lets see what the insurance and dealership have to say.

- Roanoke, TX, USA

Jan 262015

tC

I was driving about 50 mph and I heard a very loud popping sound like a gunshot. I pulled over and saw that my sunroof glass had shattered (spontaneously).

- Gloucester, VA, USA

Jul 012014

tC

The contact owns a 2011 Scion Tc. The contact stated that while driving 70 mph, the sunroof exploded. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 88,888.

- Calhoun, GA, USA