NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of

2011 Scion tC seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Scion tC:

2011 Scion tC Owner Comments

Aug 262011

tC 4-cyl

I was driving West on highway 160 toward my home, when a buck (deer), ran out into the road. I swerved to miss it and then hit a tree head on. I hit the brakes at around 45 miles per hour. The car collided into the tree head on. The force from the crash made me hit my head against the steering wheel two times. My head, neck, and back hurt instantly. None of the airbags deployed at all. I have witnesses who stopped and called 911. When the fire department, ems, and police got to the wreck they said they could not believe the airbags did not deploy. The whole front end of my car was smashed in. I was then taken to the hospital. I have a severe concussion and the trauma caused my brain the collide with my skull, bouncing it from one side to the other. I stayed in the hospital for almost two weeks and am now in southern Indiana rehab hospital having to have physical therapy. There was over $8,000 in damage to the front end of the car. The damages to myself and to the car proves that the impact from the collision should have deployed the airbags. When we bought this car, the sales guy kept telling us how safe the car was and about the five star rating. I wanted a safe car and felt good about buying the car. I only had it for about 3 1/2 months before the wreck occurred. There were only 5112 miles on the car. Something needs to be done about the airbags. I am still dealing with the effects from this wreck today. Please help! I do not want this to happen to anyone else.

- Scottsburg, IN, USA