NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems

9.8

2015 Scion tC brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Scion tC:

2015 Scion tC Owner Comments

Sep 112010

tC 4-cyl

2015 Scion Tc 6 speed manual. The emergency brake will lock up after sitting in the driveway for several plus days and I have to apply a lot of gas for the brakes to release so I can drive the car. At the time of the emergency brake release there was such a huge bang the first time it happened I thought I ran something over. My safety concern is the failure of the brake system from the forced release of the emergency brake. It happens more often when the weather is hot and not so much over the winter months. I have made a complaint to Toyota and of course it they can't verify my complaint.

- Tsrpon Springs, FL, USA