NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

2015 Scion tC miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Scion tC:

2015 Scion tC Owner Comments

Jan 142016

I was driving my car no more than 40 mph in a street where their was somewhat light traffic around me. All of a sudden I heard a loud "boom',sounded like a gunshot or something exploded. I pulled over to park and notice my sun roof glass was raising up and it exploded into pieces causing a big hole of damage and glass all inside my vehicle. I almost crashed due to the noise as well, very scary. I took my car to the dealer telling them what happened and all they could tell me is that I must of had a rock hit me" are you serious" I had no cars around me that were possible for that to happen, and if so why was the glass shattered flat and not upwards like its suppose to cause if something hit it. The dealer did not want to help me out further even with my extended warranty. The same person helping me out mentioned that the dealer right across from them (Kia) had just called them and mentioned they had a 2015 Scion same vehicle as mine that had the same issue but this car was parked the whole time on the lot. This immediately made me think its a car fault but the GM would not help me further. I had to pay for a rental and wait till tomorrow to speak to a professional about my vehicle.

- Sacramento, CA, USA