NHTSA — Seat Belts Problems

2006 Scion xA seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Scion xA:

2006 Scion xA Owner Comments

Aug 092014

xA

I was alone, preparing to get on the turnpike access road when a car/van hit the right front passenger side of my car. Details of the accident were recorded many hours after the crash. I was never asked to provide details. My car rolled over twice down a steep-angled but shallow embankment and then righted itself upright. My seatbelt was fastened and snugged but at no time did the retaining function engage.the seatbelt functioned like a bunji cord. And the airbags (neither front airbag) deployed until many minutes after the crash, as I was sliding across the front seat and console as I began to exit the passenger side. I was and am still injured, have lost much use of my left wrist and hand, suffered a blow to the back of my head which temporarily left me deaf. I still have severe contusions of the left and right legs, and abdomen both externally and on the inside of the abdominal wall.

- Miami, FL, USA