NHTSA — Exterior Lighting Problems

2005 Scion xB lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Scion xB:

2005 Scion xB Owner Comments

Apr 272015

I drive a 2005 Scion Xb, about two weeks ago the back hatch handle broke of, where the light shine to the license plate. I know that there was a recall on the handle like three years ago... I called Toyota to see if the recall was expired, they don't see a recall ever been done. I do see this as a safety do to lighting and electrical. I know this has been an issue with other Scion like the one I have. Some did get a recall and got fixed.

- Merced , CA, USA

Oct 062006

My Scion sb has had the rear hatch lock, and lighting with license plate break 5 times, Scion dealer did it first and charged $599. Since then I have bought the parts and did the work myself.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA