NHTSA — Latches/Locks/Linkages: Doors: Latch Problems

2006 Scion xB accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Scion xB:

2006 Scion xB Owner Comments

Nov 022007

My fiance and I were on our ay home from playing pool in morpark, ca Friday night when we got on the 118 freeway going the wrong way. When we realized we needed to go West instead of East, my fiance got on the erringer rd. Exit to turn around. By this time I was asleep and don't remember anything from when we got on the freeway to waking up Saturday morning. But, his experience was this, we got off on the erringer rd. Exit, he went to make the U-turn to get on the 118 West. Halfway through the turn, the passenger side door I was resting on popped open and I was sucked out of the car going about 30 mph. The doors were locked and no door adjar light was on, I thought I was safe. My fiance quickly pulled the car over and carried me to the car. He said I looked dead. He knew I was alive because he said he heard "crying like" noises. I very well could be dead. The next morning we took pictures with the newspaper. The pictures are very graphic and they explain the danger of this defect more than words.

- Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

Sep 132006

xB 4-cyl

Car doors lock when ignition is turned on. If you try to get out of the car without waiting for the doors to unlock, the driver door will not unlock. If you do not time-it-right the lock jams halfway up and and you can not manually exit the vehicle. The only way you can open the door is three ways; with the power door lock button, turn the car on or use the unlock button on the alarm. Problem >>> no manual override in case of emergency!!!

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA