NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

3.1

2009 Scion xB miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Scion xB:

2009 Scion xB Owner Comments

Dec 082016

xB

The four doors unlooed and this door unloued I belve this is recall beasue four door unloced at the oun time this not right

- Westminster, CA, USA

Mar 152016

xB

March 15 my Scion Xb spontaneously erupted in flames, we on our way home at the intersection of union tpke and parsons blvd in queens NY, we were stopped for construction traffic when the vehicle began to emit smoke, we pulled into a kfc/pizza hut parking lot, , within minutes flames were coming out from the engine compartment, one of the fire fighters thought it was electrical

- Flushing, NY, USA

Feb 072016

xB

The Scion Xb 2009 was driving on the highway, at speed limit, 10 miles after the "needs maintenance" oil light came on. After 15 minutes, the car made a loud bang noise which we think came from the engine.after the bang, car pulled over. Another car pulled over too, since a piece of flaming debris from my car came out from underneath and broke that car's windshield. That driver indicated that my Scion was on fire and to get out of the car! ~5 seconds later the first of many explosions happened. The car quickly, within one minute, became completely engulfed in flames. By the time the fire department arrived the car was "fully engaged" (100% burning). It is a total loss.

- Seattle, WA, USA