NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems

1.7

2010 Scion xB brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Scion xB:

2010 Scion xB Owner Comments

Jan 042016

xB

While driving in 1-2 inches of slush and snow my tires began to slip and the my vehicle regained control. It happened as I was turning into a culdesac. This had happened before and the normal stability vsc light would flash and alert me however this time the ABS, brakes, vsc, and no stability control light came on and stayed on. I have reset the display, let the vehicle set over night, disconnected the battery and the lights remain on. My brakes lock up and the tires spin out on a whim. The cost to fix it is about $900 but the mechanic says it may not fix the problem. The connection at the hub is fine.

- Yakima, WA, USA