2012 Scion xB seat belts / air bags NHTSA complaints: Air Bags

NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2012 Scion xB seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Scion xB:

2012 Scion xB Owner Comments

Dec 012016

xB

Takata recall no remedy for unsafe air-bag more than 6 months after the recall. I Transport disabled individuals using the Scion Xb and not being able to have nyone sit in the front passenger seat makes it difficult to assess and communicate with clients.

- San Mateo, CA, USA

Mar 062013

xB 4-cyl

I was T-boned on March 6th, 2013 on the driver's side. I was in a Scion Xb and the person who hit me was in a Chevy Silverado. The impact was estimated at 45 mph and the door was jammed shut. No air bags deployed. The curtain airbag should have which would have lessened the impact. As a result, the driver (myself) sustained a broken collar bone, broken rib, and punctured lung among various bruising and passed out for an unknown amount of time. After several calls to Scion and a visit to the Toyota dealership where it was purchased we did not hear anything from the car manufacturer until a month later. The inspectors at Toyota called to find out where the car was located and if they would be able to inspect it. Because the jaws of life were used to pry the door open, it split the door enough to where you could see where the sensor for the airbag did not deploy. I'm sure the inspector will see the same thing. I have not heard anything back concerning this investigation. I have pictures showing the car after it was hit and no airbags were deployed. The driver's side curtain airbag should have deployed based on the schematic found in the owner's manual and where the car was struck by the truck.

- Simpsonville, SC, USA