NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems

2015 Scion xB engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Scion xB:

2015 Scion xB Owner Comments

Jan 282016

Twice my car unexpectedly accelerated. The first time, my car was in reverse, and my foot was on the brake. The engine suddenly revved. I put the car in park and turned it off. The second time, I was in drive with my foot on the brake. The engine suddenly revved. I put the car in park and turned it off. Neither time did my car move. I took the car to the dealership. They found nothing wrong. Because I no longer felt safe, I sold the car back to the dealership. The car had approximately 2,200 miles on it. The car cost about $18,000. The dealer bought it back for $12,000.

- Mechanicsville, VA, USA