NHTSA — Seat Belts Problems

2008 Scion xD seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Scion xD:

2008 Scion xD Owner Comments

Dec 242010

xD 4-cyl

When the rear driver-side seat is folded down, the seat belt receptacle for the center seat belt is drawn under the seat and requires quite a bit of effort to fish out. This happened even when my wife was holding the seat belt receptacle and trying to keep it from being sucked under the seat. This receptacle eventually shattered and jammed the seat to where it would not move back and forth. Toyota repaired it in December 2010, but the problem persisted. The Toyota service advisor and technician said that it was repaired correctly and there was nothing further that could be done. Safety-related item such as the seat belt receptacle should not become unusable in the normal course of operating the car seat as described on pp. 29-30 of the owner's manual for the 2008 Scion Xd.

- Fuquay-Varina, NC, USA

Apr 032010

The ABS light in my car keeps coming on. I took it to the dealership (bay ridge Toyota, brooklyn, NY) three times for this problem. The second time I took it with a letter for a recall on something related to the brakes. The problem still happens and the brakes sometimes feel spongy and are not as responsive. I took the car again today, and even though the car is still under the new car warranty, they want to charge me $94 dollars to just look at it. Again, I have taken the car 3 times. And I do not feel safe. I want all this recorded in case the brakes stop working and something happens. I feel like no one is listening to me. The car is under warranty!!!! also the seatbelt lights come on even when I have the seatbelt on.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA