2003 Subaru Baja wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Subaru Baja:

2003 Subaru Baja Owner Comments

Jan 182005

Baja 4-cyl

I have a 2003 Subaru Baja with 17,000 miles on the odometer. This car came factory equipped with Bridgestone potenza RE92 high performance all season tires, size 225/60/R16. These tires are positively hazardous on snow and ice: I have twice in the past six weeks lost control of my vehicle on snowy, flat, straight roads, causing a total of $5,000 of damage to my car. The loss of control is unpredictable and sudden, as if a giant hand pick the car up and tossed it off the road. While researching snow tires yesterday, I found numerous warnings on web sites from consumers (tirerack.com, 1010tires.com, NHTSA.dot.gov) about the dangers of driving on wet/snowy/icy pavement with Bridgestone potenza tires. These tires are exposing unwary consumers to accidents, injury and worse. I feel resentful to Bridgestone for making such awful tires, also to Subaru corporation for installing them on a car which is advertised as a very safe vehicle to drive in winter weather and to my local dealer who sold me a vehicle with such dangerous tires.

- Cedar, MI, USA