9.9

2016 Subaru Crosstrek drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Subaru Crosstrek:

2016 Subaru Crosstrek Owner Comments

May 132016

Crosstrek

The duration of time that it takes to go from reverse to drive is unacceptable and dangerous. Every morning I drive my child to daycare and there have been numerous occasions where I feared that we would get rear-ended (which would injure my child) due to the slow response time going from reverse to drive. Every morning I have to be 100% sure to time my reversal when backing out and make sure there are no cars anywhere near me so I don't get crashed into. This is dangerous and needs to be fixed before there are any deaths or injuries from this. Also, this is a minor inconvenience but the moonroof/sunroof doesn't open 100% all the way when I click the auto open button/feature...it opens and then stops about 1 inch before being fully open. In other words, if you press the auto open button to open the moonroof, it will stop at 90-95% open then you have to manually press it again to get it fully open another inch to 100%. when I took my Crosstrek to the dealer to have them reprogram my telematics for the telematics/computer reprogramming recall I had them take a look at the moonroof and they said that it is "working as designed". why would a moonroof not fully open 100% by design? it can't be a safety issue, so this just doesn't make any sense and leads me to believe that the dealership was being complacent and lazy and didn't feel like having to adjust it or simply didn't know how.

- Glen Allen, VA, USA

Apr 252016

Crosstrek

The lag time on the cvt going from reverse to drive is beyond annoying it is dangerous. It takes 1-2 seconds for the car to move and because of this lapse there is a good chance that the car will lurch. For example, if backing out of a parking space and traffic warrants that you pull back into the space it can lead to a potential out of control situation.

- Salem, OR, USA