8.0

$2,300.00

1. had transmission rebuilt (1 reports)
2000 Subaru Forester transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Subaru Forester:

2000 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Oct 152006

Forester LE

I had purchased this car used at 75,000 miles- and kept up with oil changes et cetera- a year went by and I would have to put the car in reverse and then into drive in order for the car to go anywheres- Along with this issue my steering wheel would not turn smoothly and only moved in quarter turns I brought it to a Subaru Dealership and then referred me to a transmission specialist who fixed the problem along with everything else- I needed work on the steering knuckle, replaced the timing belts- this cost somewhere around $2300 - A month later my car started making new Noises and we brought it somewhere else- they said that the catalytic converter needs to be replaced along with struts and possibly other things that I haven't even gotten around to yet- Plus the lights down the middle of the car went out around the same time so I haven't had a clock in the car in over a year- they think that something might be wrong with the wiring but they were not even sure- When I contacted Subaru Home headquarters the only thing that they were able to offer was 700 dollars off a new Subaru - I would have been happier with a teeshirt! I will never buy a Subaru ever again - even Living in Maine- there are other options that can provide me the safety in Maine winters - without having to deal with the issues this car has given me and my Bank account!

- , Rumford, ME, USA