1. new cv axles & joints (1 reports)
2001 Subaru Forester drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Subaru Forester:

2001 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Jan 232009

Forester S

After I found this website I posted about my check engine light problems. But I have also had repeated failure of the CV axle and joints in my 01 forester. About 12 months ago the right side went bad and was replaced. One month ago it went bad again and was replaced. Three weeks ago the left side was replaced. Two weeks ago the front end started to make noise and we returned to the shop. They checked the left side and said the part was defective and need replaced. When the test drove the car, the noise was still heard; upon further inspection they found the right side to also be defective and replaced it. I only hope that I have better luck with these parts then I have had with my check engine problems. This has been a great car until 120,000 miles but the last 30,000 has been anything but a "joy ride"!!

- , Burkittsville, MD, USA