2002 Subaru Forester brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Subaru Forester:

2002 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Aug 072004

Forester

I almost had a bad accident, and I think it would have been due to a design flaw in our Subaru Forester. I came to a red light, began to slow using the brake, and found the car trying to surge ahead into the passing traffic: My foot had contacted the accelerator as well as the brake. Fortunately, I was able to shift my foot off the accelerator, but it was a scary moment.

- Bishop, CA, USA

Feb 192004

Forester 4-cyl

Consumer stated brake pedal and gas pedal are too close. Sometimes when braking the driver presses the gas pedal instead of the brake pedal, almost resulting in crashes.

- Silver City, NM, USA

Jan 022002

Forester

Brake pedal did not function, had to use hand pedal to stop vehicle. Ts.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA