2005 Subaru Forester brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Subaru Forester:

2005 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Dec 212014

The brake light came on two days prior. Checked fluid and was a bit low. I hadn't noticed and fluids under car so did not give it a second thought. I was driving on Sunday and had loss of pedal and the brake light came on and I nursed it home. I added fluid and pumped pedal in driveway. The pedal went to floor. I pulled it up on the internet and found some Subaru vehicles same age had brake line issues that were involved in a recall. I to a local shop and the service manger told me it would be very expensive. I contacted Subaru and that as a goodwill gesture that they would credit $500 toward the $1850 bill which I thought was gracious. The dealer said the recall did not include the brake lines, but it did. I don't want to jeopardize what they are going to do for me, but could of been a scary event. I purchased the car new in Michigan and took it to North Carolina. I do believe that this problem is related to your brake line recall and should be expanded to previous years. Thanks

- Tampa, FL, USA

Jul 282014

Forester 4-cyl

On July 28, 2014 I was pulling into my parking space at my condo.the brakes wouldn't stop the car and the engine seemed to surge forward. The passenger with me looked down and said the gas pedal looked to be all the way to the floor. The car had to be towed, and I am still awaiting for the damage estimate from my insurance company.

- Davie, FL, USA