2006 Subaru Forester seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Subaru Forester:

2006 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Aug 262012

Forester 4-cyl

I arrived at my house on 8/26/2012 at 8:00 pm, parked my car in the garage of my house and went to sleep. At 2:00 am I heard an explosion, went outside of my house to verify what it was and found my Forester in fire. With the help of my neighbors we control the fire within an hour. Serious consequences came out of the fire; the car was declared total loss, another car parked in front of the Forester suffer a lot of damage, the motor of the garage door had to be replaced, the paint of the house, vertical blinds and other belongings of the house were replaced because of the smoke from the fire. Subaru/-Forester/2006 recall no.wvc-13 related to the wiring harness for the airbag occupant detection system in the front passenger seat may have been pinched during production. Pinching of the wiring harness between the floor crossmember and the seat mounting bracket could result in a short circuit.that could cause a fire. The way that my car got in fire has to be because of an electrical.short circuit, having as a result the fire and total loss of my car. The VIN of my car was not included in the recall, but I will appreciate if your Agency could do an investigation that as a result have the VIN of my car included in the recall wvc-13.

- Naranjito, PR, USA