2007 Subaru Forester transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Subaru Forester:

2007 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Jun 302007

Forester

In 2007 I bought a new Subaru Forester. The transmission jumps & snaps while changing gears. Sometimes the whole car is jolted by the transmission snapping into gear. This problem just doesn't happen when the car is cold, but also happens while highway driving & changing speeds. It often takes too long for my vehicle to change gears. I have reported this problem to the service dept. At two different Subaru dealerships. They claim they checked my transmission & found no problems. This is a safety issue I am concerned about. I fear my transmission may fail at a crucial time.

- Niantic, CT, USA