1.9

2008 Subaru Forester engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Subaru Forester:

2008 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Dec 032014

Forester

In one miles time cruse light when on then engine light then died. Got extremely hot.. blew gaskets and possible engine. I have never missed oil changes and have taken very good care of car.

- Newcastle , CA, USA

Sep 232014

Forester

The check engine light went on - flashing. I drove immediately to my local garage. When I turned off the engine, I smelled a strong burning oil smell, as did the mechanic. The oil was checked and I was down 2 quarts even though I had a recent oil change at that same facility. There had been no oil leaks, and no stain in my driveway previous to this. The mechanic saw no abnormal oil flow or leak when he checked.

- Evansville, WI, USA