5.6

2008 Subaru Forester steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Subaru Forester:

2008 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Jul 012013

Forester 4-cyl

Just like the just recent recall of Subaru's 2009-2013 Forester, my 1998 Forester steering rack and pinion system had rusted out tubing that leaked and needed replacement after steering just went out. How your organization can continue to allow car manufactures to use regular steel for many of the parts under a car (like the rack and pinion, brakes, etc) is beyond me. That should be a crime but oh no, the politician will bureaucrats will allow this to go on until a bunch of young people are killed. Then you might do something.

- Green Bay, WI, USA

Aug 272009

Forester

I have problem with my 2008 Subaru Forester. When I quickly turn steer wheel for changing lane, the car seems lost control and can only go all the way to the left. Then when you have to turn the steer wheel to the right to return straight, the car would go all the way to the right. I have to keep this balance until the car turn itself off. It happens to me twice. One time is on a bridge, one time is on the busiest interstate highway 95. I feel extremly lucky either time. I am still alive and did not kill anybody. But is that normal for a subura all wheel drive?

- Vienna, VA, USA