4.4

2010 Subaru Forester accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Subaru Forester:

2010 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Mar 252014

Forester 4-cyl

As I was driving, the driver's sun visor dropped into my forehead creating a shocking reaction. I attempted to place it back up, but it kept falling down. I then left it in a down position that you would place it if sun was in your eyes. I went over to the local dealer and they said it has been happening to quite a few of the Forester cars. I asked if it was a recall and he said he checked and it wasn't. because the car was over 3 years old, it was out of warranty and it would be a charge of around $125 or so to be repaired. I explained that the car has not been abused and if I probably had not used the visor more than a dozen times. He indicated maybe the original dealer would honor fixing it because of such low mileage. I did go back to the original dealer and unfortunately they would not honor it and would be happy to repair it for around the same price. He also told me to buy velcro and it should hold it up. I invested in many strengths of velcro to find out that it would not adhere to the ceiling material of the car and repeatedly flops down in the same fashion as it did initially. My complaint is that this should be a recall as clearly it is a safety issue. I cannot drive the car safely in a down position as it interferes with visibility. I am so disappointed with Subaru's reaction to my problem. Thank you for your help.

- West Nyack, NY, USA

Jan 012013

Forester 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Subaru Forester. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds in inclement weather, the windshield washer fluid froze causing the driver's visibility to be obscured. The contact had to constantly stop to clean the windshield so that she could see. The vehicle was not inspected by a dealer or an independent mechanic. The manufacturer was not contacted. The failure mileage was approximately 15,000.updated 4/15/13 the consumer stated the tube which lead to the nozzle was frozen, due to a design flw.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jul 132012

Forester 4-cyl

I was driving back home on US6 at approximately 1pm last Friday when the glass of back windshield completely shattered for no reason, it exploded making a loud noise that first shocked me thought I managed to maintain control of the vehicle. After I calmed down I looked around to see what had happened and then I noticed that the glass in the back shield was reduced to tiny pieces all over to the point in which the rear vision was obstructed. I reported the incident to Subaru, (sr#1-2037476585), and they told me to take it to the dealer for inspection to determine the cause of the failure. I requested an appointment with groove Subaru in littleton and took the vehicle in today at 7am only to be told that they are not experts in forensics and could not determine the cause of the incident, but that could have been a rock (we are familiar with rocks hitting cars here inn co, so I do not think it was the reason for the incident) and to call abra to have the glass replaced.

- Littleton, CO, USA