2010 Subaru Forester drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Subaru Forester:

2010 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Sep 142015

Check engine light, cruise control light and oil light came on 10 miles outside of my destination to baltimore, md (65 mile from home to destination) had vehicle towed to a dealership. I was informed that my trans cooler line had rusted out and needed to be replaced.($707.86). Picked up vehicle on 9/15/2015 and drive approximately 10 miles and issues reoccurred and I returned the car back to the dealership, where they ran a second scan of the vehicle and told me that the 3 and 4th gear had gone out and that I needed a new transmission ($7000) and that may not fix the issue.

- Springfield, VA, USA

Aug 242013

Forester 4-cyl

When driving out of a parking lot at a low speed, the transmission cooler line split, causing the car to lose driving capability. I drove at low speeds until I could stop in a safe place.

- Seattle, WA, USA