2010 Subaru Forester fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Subaru Forester:

2010 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Jun 242011

Forester 4-cyl

Fuel tank design of Subaru Forester allows rodents to construct nests atop the tank and chew through plastic fuel lines. Leaking fuel may produce explosive vapor atmospheres in closed garages, which could ignite.

- Lees Summit, MO, USA

Nov 152009

When I start my 2010 Subaru Forester 2.5L non-turbo in the morning, there is a distinct smell of gas. It only happens after the car has been sitting overnight. I called the dealer to ask about this and he said that there had been several people asking about it. He said that it was due to the cold weather which affected the metal fuel line to allow a small amount of vapor to be released, and I shouldn't worry about it unless it gets worse the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I had never experienced that in any other car I had owned, except when there was some leak in the fuel system. Have you had any similar complaints from Subaru owners" if so, what was the solution recommended to them"

- Herndon, VA, USA