4.4

2012 Subaru Forester wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Subaru Forester:

2012 Subaru Forester Owner Comments

Mar 142014

Forester 4-cyl

I was a block from home after having had driven the vehicle approximately 40 minutes from work when I heard a loud "pop." I thought something had hit the car. I could not get the vehicle into my driveway because the right front wheel suddenly folded into the fender, and I could not move further. The vehicle was towed to the dealership where I bought it via the roadside service offered through Subaru, as the vehicle was still under warranty. The service department found that the right front strut was missing a bolt. Both the service people and the general manager had stated to me that they had never seen this happen before and thought, possibly, the bolt was not tightened properly at the factory. The repair document reads as follows: "confirmed customers concern right front strut missing bolt, recommend to replace strut and hat with new bolts. Recommend to replace hat due to damaged bent strut. With customers authorization removed and replaced right front strut and needed hardware. Replaced strut hat and completed. Torqued all wheels and all related nuts and bolts to specification." I have not had another problem since I received the vehicle back on March 18, 2014. I am concerned that this may not be just my vehicle. Had I been driving on the freeway at a much higher speed, this could have ended up very badly for not only me but others on the road as well. Thank you

- Lincoln, CA, USA